Starter Tips *
Examples of some basic things you'll need
- Experienced Partner or group
- Emergency Supplies
- Pick an appropriate destination for your level of experience
- Navigation (Map, GPS, Compass)
- Emergency Shelter (Tent, Tarp, reflective blanket)
Backpacking is one of the best ways to personally tour the earth. However, uneducated hikers are more likely to tumble off a cliff, provoke dangerous animals, and otherwise get themselves in trouble’s way if not properly prepared. If you are a first-time backpacker, make sure to follow these basic tips to ensure you and your group have a great, and safe, time.
* Make sure to get all the info you'll need by talking to our staff as there are many details to take into consideration when planning your trip.